Friday, July 25, 2014

A Quilt! Part 1

My to-do list for sewing projects is long. And always growing. But when I saw this adorable display quilt at a local shop, I was inspired. Couple that with my mother's new Tin Lizzie and some great ideas from an employee, and this quilt bumped to the top of my list.

My inspiration. Sample provided to store from Robert Kaufman Fabrics

The panel is 8 squares, which I think is sort of an odd number to work with. I also started out with the feeling that a panel is cheating, but I'm making it my own. In addition to the panel I bought four colors. I supplemented the four with scraps from my stash.



\
So that's the basic layout! But I didn't take into account I wouldn't lose the seam allowances for the panel pieces so turns out I need to add another solid and triangle strips. No problem...I think. I might have to scrounge up for a leftover piece long enough to work in. This is only my second quilt so I don't think a calculation error is too surprising. Oh well. Finished product coming soon!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home